Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oh Crap . . .

First some background information. For Clay's Joyful Noise Tour II, I must confess - I attended 4 within a 5 day period. And then I decided that that wasn't enough, so I invited myself on a road trip from St. Louis to the big city of Nashville. Now this is all fine and dandy - only my parents kinda sorta didn't know about at least 2 of those concerts. I was in Council Bluffs, and decided I better head on down to Kansas City - I mean, it was only a few hours away. How can I pass that up? And then on to Nashville - where my parents thought I would be in St. Louis the entire weekend, visiting friends and attending a birthday party. Which I did attend, I really did!! Now I didn't lie to my parents, I just didn't tell them the entire truth. And they never asked - so it's all good!

Some of you are probably saying, "What?? Why do your parents matter? You're an adult! You don't have to listen to them!" Unfortunately, I do have to listen to them. Yes, I'm an adult, and I do pay for all of my expenses on these Clay Adventures. However I am still in college, and my parents still pay for some of my expenses. ie: insurance, cell phone, and room and board. (I live at home - which is another post for a different day) So see, without this support from them, I probably wouldn't be able to take ANY of these Clay trips - let alone the secret ones, so that's why I keep some secret. They would throw a fit.

So that brings us up to date. Enter Saturday evening. My parents left early Sunday morning for vacation, so of course in true Logghe fashion they were frantically packing at 10:00 Saturday evening. Translation: Sarah was frantically packing Saturday evening, trying to make sure my parents had matching clothes that looked respectable. I was trying to find a place to put something of my mom's, and suggested, "oh, put it in this little side zip pocket!" I unzipped it, and stuck my hand in. And what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a music note door hanger from NASHVILLE! (remember, my parents don't know I've ever been to Nashville) My mom was standing right behind, trying to see what had been in there, and asked me what it was. *Oh crap!* I can't tell her it's from Nashville, or let her SEE it's from Nashville! Not to mention that my lovely roommates stole it for me from the hotel! (or something like that :) I quickly put it at my side, said "Oh, it's mine!" and ran out of the room as quickly as possible to hide the evidence. Thank the Lord that my mom was preoccupied with packing, and forgot about it by the time I made my way back into her room!

Clay Catastrophe: Averted!! The secret Clay Trips are still secrets . . . for now.

4 comments:

Princess of Power said...

Oh my God. This is the best ever. I am really laughing very loudly. OMG. OMG. OMG.

That is really the best. Doesn't the music note say something like:

MOM I WENT TO SMASHVILLE AND SEMI-WHORED AROUND WITH A GUY WHOSE NAME BEGINS WITH AN M BUT I DON'T KNOW HIS FULL NAME, (and is that his real name anyway?) AND THEN WE HAD TO HUNT UP AND DOWN THE HALLS OF THE VERY NICE "LaQuinta" TO GET ANOTHER MUSIC NOTE!

OMG. THe best.

Princess of Power said...

I forgot to mention the semi-whoring around was for a purpose: WE WERE GETTING ON THAT BUS.

Alas. We did not. It was ruined by the crazy 14 year old that felt she was OWED a bus visit.

OMG. I may put that video on YouTube.

Meesa said...

Eat the evidence? I think Jen has some stories to tell!
You must go to Raleigh with us next tour. Tell your mom it's Pamela's birthday.

X-Factor said...

OMG, I am so behind on seeing this but it does not diminish the absolute greatness of it. I couldn't stop thinking about those girls we tried to con by leaving and "Heather" or whatever her name was....the one with the M&G. And the equip truck we tried to almost ride down under the venue.....so great!