Monday, January 30, 2006

Hola de Guadalajara!

Hello everyone! I made it. Right now I'm at la Universidad de Guadalajara, we just had orientation and our language placement test. We arrived yesterday around 2 p.m., and met up with our new families. My "mom", Adelina, is very sweet! She is always worrying about me and trying to feed me! (Mom, maybe I won't be losing those 20 pounds) Juan, my "dad", is 82 and is a cute little guy, always laughing and telling jokes. It's going very well so far!

Just a few clarifications - you can all still email my old email address, slogghe@yahoo.com or sjlogghe@hotmail.com I have access to the internet, so I can check email and do normal things just like the United States. I just started this blog so I could let everyon know what I'm up to, without having to write ten different emails to people! When you post a comment, you can post it as anyone - just make sure to sign it so I know who it's from!!

Okay, just wanted to check in quick. We're going to go roam around the town and find a place to eat. Hope to hear from more of you soon. Miss you all!!

Hasta luego! (aka until later)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah Joy! Hola!
Wow, I guess I knew you were going to Mexico but not this soon! I saw you a few days ago and didn't even say goodbye. Well good luck in Mexico and have fun! If you need a chaperone, (AKA a babysitter!)I'll be right there! I could use a few days off from school.
Next time we go to CJ's, I'll make a toast to you.
Adios!
Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah Ann,
Glad to hear you made it. Keep in touch. Worry about you there all alone in a foreign country. Sounds like your family away from home is great.

Keep in touch!
GrammaB

Anonymous said...

Hola Sarah,
Glad you made the trip safe and sound, you have so many mothers here.
Take care, enjoy,share the experiance with us, and we love you.
Anita

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Yea! Thanks for blogging so soon. I can read the excitement and happiness in your voice and it makes me smile and nearly cry at the same time. Anita is right...you have many "mothers" back here.

Love ya,
Becky InAwe

Princess of Power said...

Sarah - I am not your mother, Mexican or otherwise, so I would like to advise you to drink it up in Mexico.

But don't flush your toliet paper down the toliet, no matter how much you want to and no matter how much you really want to disobey those pesky "Toliet Warning" signs after you have had some nice mexican tequila.

Since there may be mothers reading this, real or otherwise, I will also advise you to only do this on the weekends.

Bwhaa!

Love,
Audra