Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My brain is fried!!

I know I just blogged yesterday, but I figured I better blog when I can - because once I get into my classes and everything else, who knows how much time I'll have to do it!!

We started our intensive language classes today, and let me tell ya - if I thought I could get burned out in the States, it's nothing compared to here! I have class for 5 hours a day, learning Spanish the entire time. It is very overwhelming right now - just being around Spanish 24/7, and not getting a break. Luckily we can talk English to each other, but we try not to so we can learn more of the language. The next 2 weeks are going to be tiring, the only saving grace is that we don't have class until noon so I get to semi-sleep in!

We went to the mall yesterday, it was very interesting. There was a huge movie theatre, and the names of the movies are different here. For instance, the new Johnny Cash movie in the States is called Walk the Line - here, it is called Johnny y June! Very interesting . . . we're planning on going to a movie soon, it will be in English with Spanish subtitles!

Currently I am at a cafe called Chops. We came to use the free wireless internet - it is a very cool place, you can get drinks, food, desserts, etc. The atmosphere is sweet - couches, tables, mexican decor, some spanish music . . . we're having a fun time studying, talking, and taking in the Mexican culture!

Okay, now for some pictures . . .

This is the front of our school.



A stop sign.



The sign hanging on each stall door in the bathrooms at school:



Explanation: The pipes in Mexico are very small and narrow, and if you put toilet paper down them they will clog. So wherever you go, you have to do just what this sign says . . . put your toilet paper in the garbage. All of it. Yes, even when you go Numero dos.

Alright, that's all I have for now! I'm hoping to get some pictures of my room, my home, my family, and my friends soon. OH! I have to brag about the weather for just a second . . . shorts and t-shirts everyday! The weather is beautiful - sunshine and blue skies!! Is it still snowing in Wisconsin??? Glad I'm not there!! Image hosting by Photobucket

Hasta luego!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah!
Cousin Amy here. Thank you for the letter and picture. Kaylie seems so amazed when I show her a picture of you and Clay. It was pretty nice here today, but Friday is supposed to be 20 and very windy, maybe some snow. I hope you have a great time. I admire you for all the traveling and all that you are experiencing. That's super. God bless you - Amy

Princess of Power said...

Oh Sarah. I am quite sure I can never visit Mexico now. What is the deal with the pipes, dude [tm Randy Jackson].

Love the pics though. Muy interesante!

Ciao!
Audra

Anonymous said...

Sarah...shorts and t-shirts sounds wonderful!!!!! and thanks for the few pictures..I hope to see more soon....Aisalynn says hello too..she is here with me now...spending the night and then tomorrow we will spend the day together..friday...gotta love it...also I go to the dr tomorrow....I think to set up a biopsy...I'll let you know but probably in a e-mail ok... Spanish for 5 hrs...sounds good...keep up the studies...and don't forget us ok.....hugs...debi

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah Joy,
Got your (Christmas - New Years - Valentine) card/letter today! HMMMM! Next year it will "probably" be Easter! HA! That's OK!! It is fun to hear from you!! Love the picture of you and Clay!!!
It was great seeing you on Sat. at Grandpa's birthday party. Have a good time and "study" hard!! Yeah!! Right!! HA! Just kidding, I know you will.
luv ya, LOTZ!!
Auntie, Donna

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah Joy!!!! Great to hear from you, and see pictures!!! We are under 7" of snow up here in the Great White North and it's still coming down. Stay well my sweet friend, I miss you so!!!

Ciao!!! Sharon

Anonymous said...

Good Super Bowl morning Sarah,
Glad to hear things are going well for you there.
When we were in Mexico, th e movie Grease was on TV and it was titled Vasolino. To this day I find that hilarious.
Shorts and t shirt sound great about now, we are having a snow storm and blowing winds.
Take care my friend,
Mary aka Pauluka96

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Snowed like heck here. We got 4". So, I'm very jealous about the shorts and T-shirt.

Sounds like you're learning alot. Are you with a group from your school? Cuz' I was wondering who would talk to you in English.

Your "family" sounds interesting. You will have to bring pictures of them to our next gathering. (See how hopeful I am.)

Your blog is working better than Claymaniacs right now. I'm losing posts and unable to log on most days. It's tough being homeless!!!

We are having a party tomorrow at 9 p.m. our time, if you want to stop by. It is a Valentine's party; so, the theme is RED! (Speaking of red, I received your Valentine pic of your honey! I must say, he's one good-looking man! Silly NC girls!)

Okay, I'm gonna go & watch the Superbowl with the kiddies! Hope you get your pics soon.

Your fellow Claymaniac, Ann

Anonymous said...

Sarah - I have finally gotten around to reading your blogs. It will really be great to be getting your updates. I'm glad things are going well. I really miss you. I cried when you left my house, just so you know. Can't wait to hear the latest. Love ya - Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey Pooch! Wish I was there with you!! I am so jealous. Take care and PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR!

Love, Katrina